AC Frayser
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about positions

+2
MattB
jcard
6 posters

Go down

Discussion about positions Empty Discussion about positions

Post  jcard Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Basham

I would like to us to go ahead and discuss possible line ups prior to game day so we can plan ahead. And go.........

jcard

Back to top Go down

Discussion about positions Empty Re: Discussion about positions

Post  MattB Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:15 pm

I wanted to do this before the game, but we might as well go now. Obviously this is subject to change depending on who shows up to games, player adds, etc.

Discussion about positions Format13

You can call it whatever you want. 3-5-2, 3-1-4-2, blah blah blah. Essentially we have a sweeper, two backs, a stopper/defense midfielder, left mid, right mid, left center mid, right center mid, a center forward and a striker.

From top to bottom so it reads like the formation:

Ryan - Striker
Nick - Forward

Tim - Left Midfield, Mikey - Left Attacking Midfield (or right attacking mid, whichever he prefers), Ysaac - Right Midfield, Eric - Right Midfield

Todd - Left Back, Corey - Stopper/Defensive Mid, Paul - Right Back

John - Sweeper

Craig - Keeper

That leaves Josh, myself, John M., and Beau as relief players. Also I'll try and make a better image picture tomorrow at work so it's a little more clear. All of this will get reiterated and explained a little further before the game. If you have any questions, now is the time to do it. Everyone needs to be aware of the formation, because anyone might need to come off the bench to relieve a player. If you hate your position, PM or email me at mattb40000@hotmail.com (prefer email).

Last edited by MattB on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:35 am; edited 3 times in total

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  Michaels Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:34 pm

MattB wrote: If you hate your position, PM or email me at mattb40000@hotmail.com (prefer email).

I hate my position! affraid

Michaels

Back to top Go down

Post  jcard Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:58 am

I am concerned with you not knowing the positions properly Matt. The last guy is the sweeper. So you want me to play sweeper or stopper?

jcard

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:09 am

You're right. I inverted the names of the positions. I'll make the corrections.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  jcard Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:36 am

What do Scott and Todd play?

jcard

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:52 am

Soccer. Really, though, I don't know. Todd played a fullback position when we played pick up last Thursday. He can crack the ball and had no problem moving people out of the way.

I'm not sure what Scott plays. He should be eligible for Sundays game as long he got his picture in, but he's out the first game.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  TBobo Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:14 pm

[quote="MattB"]Soccer. Really, though, I don't know. Todd played a fullback position when we played pick up last Thursday. He can crack the ball and had no problem moving people out of the way.

Hey. Thanks for that assessment. It's funny you should say that. When I played for the Kickers in the 80's my teammates called me "bulldozer", because I never tried to go around anyone. As for positions, I played stopper for the Kickers (long time ago), center mid in high school (still a long time ago), left mid in college, and midfield / forward for the Wave up until about 9 years ago. Left back is probably a good place for me for now. I'm trying to get back in shape, and I don't have great speed, but you can put me wherever you want. I'm fairly versatile. Looking forward to mixing it up with you guys Thursday.

TBobo

Back to top Go down

Post  SJP Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:07 pm

I generally play right wing in a big forward line or probably right mid with the diagram above.

Did someone say I was out tomorrow night?

SJP

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:42 am

Yeah, dude. They didn't get your photo before the cut off. I hope you emailed that picture before yesterday or you won't be eligible for Sunday as well.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  SJP Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:04 am

Splendid. One should have been on file already. I will send another one.

SJP

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:48 am

It *might* be okay. They said they didn't have Craig's and then it magically appeared. The only thing is if they did have yours on file previously, they should have put it out there on the last eligibility report and included it in my player cards. I left a message with Josh a couple times to tell you to email another one. Sorry, man. Hopefully they'll have it.

Another player update should go out soon. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something, but I would still email another photo to the registrar.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  SJP Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 am

Thanks Matt. I am working through a mobile phone today. Are you able to post the e-mail address for the registrar in this thread? I will send a picture again.

I will not be in town Sunday, but wonder if there is any shot for tonight's game. Either way, I will still come by with my money and to meet everyone and get my shirt.

Thanks,
Scott

SJP

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:13 am

Really doubt it. The reason I say this is that the last preseason registration has you lacking a picture. I can check the lock box when I get there to see if they put your player card in there, but I highly doubt it. They email when additional player cards are available.

The email is GMSAreg@comcast.net .

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  SJP Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:37 am

Thanks. I just sent another picture.

Scott

SJP

Back to top Go down

Post  beaupeyton Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:54 am

I'll be most effective on the right or left sides where I can run the lines but can play anywhere in the middle.

beaupeyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum