AC Frayser
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's grown quiet

+2
jcard
beaupeyton
6 posters

Go down

It's grown quiet Empty It's grown quiet

Post  beaupeyton Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:34 pm

since our unfortunate loss.

We shouldn't be satisfied with the result, but we also shouldn't be too down about it. It's one game, and we were playing without some guys that could have definitely contributed to a different outcome.

In the end, however, we did not play well. In fact, we pretty much played like crap, but we'll come back.

It seems we're still not passing the ball with a lot of authority and there aren't enough crosses. And we should probably take some chances with more long balls to the front. I'll work harder to make sure I'm up there so Ryan has another passing option during his runs. I didn't do that as well as I should have last match, and I should have been closer to the goal post on that long score. I was out of position.

Let's keep our heads up and have some fun. I realize we want to win, but it didn't seem like we were having much fun the other night. Shouldn't that be one of the main goals?

beaupeyton

Back to top Go down

It's grown quiet Empty Re: It's grown quiet

Post  jcard Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Fun is def. one of our goals but winning really helps make it more fun. We need to grow from this loss and make improvements were needed. I agree we were without some key people but thats not an excuse we should use. I think Steven will be a little more comfortable with us next game. We mainly had a couple of communication let downs this game that cost us. We really need to listen to each other out there and make sure we stay in our area of the field. We win as a team and lose as a team so no one should feel singled out like losing was there fault.

We did not seem like we had our heads up when passing the ball at times and just blatantly kicked it to the other team which was really disturbing when some of the time there wasn't even any one guarding us. I liked having Paul in the midfield towards the end of the game as he has a nice touch on the ball and cna really help distribte. On shots we have to crash the goal and collect on some of the rebounds that we missed out on. A goal can make a huge difference.

All in all for our second game I think we did really well. Matt care to chime in on your thoughts and what we want to do next game. I would also like a head count on who is playing well in advance so we can plan the lineup accordingly

Please no one take offense to me yelling when I am on the field it is not personal!!!!. I promise I am mild manored off the field

jcard

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:03 pm

Our midfield is attacking in a line. Both teams we've played were able to turn and send it right in the center. Corey had to pressure the person with the ball, and then both teams were able to dish to the wings or a short through ball to either side of them. We have to do something to stop this. Our center mids playing side by side is jacking us up on the turn. There should be ONE Center Attacking Mid. The other center mid should be advancing, but leaving the midfielder in possession an option to drop the ball. In other words, playing behind the midfielder with possession unless your position is CAM (Mikey or whoever is playing for him). We have two forwards in attacking positions, possible three if a run is made on the wing by a left/right midfielder.

For the outside midfielders - I think we switched fields maybe once in each game(?). There is no reason you should be making attacking runs when the ball is advancing on the opposite side of the field. Obviously your position should be advancing, but making a run 5 yards outside of the box on the opposite side is a waste of energy.

Options to drop the ball need to always be there. If our spacing is off and everyone is attacking, then that option is gone and we get bit on the turn of play. Also, the energy to attack is usually more forthcoming than the energy to defend. If you don't have the legs to run back, you shouldn't be running forward.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:08 pm

Also, this is meant to be productive. This was only our second game, and that team we played has been around for 5+ years. We only lost 3-2 and their first goal was obviously meant to be a cross. We're going to have some growing pains. None of what is above is meant to call anyone out. It's a reminder to everyone including myself. The small amount of time I played mid I caught me and the other midfielder attacking in a line. We'll get it together.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  SJP Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Sorry I have been such an outsider, but I am back in town this weekend and look forward to joining the party.

I am happy to contribute some long passes and good crosses.

Scott

SJP

Back to top Go down

Post  Corey Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:09 pm

Unless some mishap of biblical proportion occurs- I will be at the next game. Our midfield is still wide open for the opposing team. At least run with them and give them less options for them to pass to. I wasn't all there last game and I apologize. Crying or Very sad
Corey
Corey

Back to top Go down

It's grown quiet Empty RE:It's grown quiet

Post  slc Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Good feedback guys. Since the mid-field is getting the press and that's where I was I think we need more specifics. I think everybody is up for feedback. John did I good job when I subbed on the defense (not where I need to be playing obviously) directing traffic as to where he wanted me playing.

While playing center attacking mid I felt like I was running up on the forwards. That may have left a bigger gap back to the 2nd center mid, but am not sure. they were playing with 5 back and we were ending up attacking with just two and that's probably why I was pushing forward. It certainly was not blazing speed!

Spreading the ball makes a lot of sense, but regardless they had 2-3 guys on anyone getting close to the box Sunday night. there were a couple of strong passes into the box that if we can keep getting those opportunities, somebody is going to find the net.

I know when I steppend in on d- their forwards were pushing up as much as they could. When I swung and missed on an airball, they were there to take advantage. That on is on me.

if we are gojng to attack aggressively we need to give Ryan and Eric the ball to chase down. Keep the feedback coming. Its good stuff. this will help with practice as well. Are we having one tomorrow rain or shine?

slc

Back to top Go down

Post  slc Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Since there's two Scott's , the previous post was Scott Cleveland's.

slc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum