AC Frayser
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of the Union Address

+5
jcard
slc
flin
yramirez
MattB
9 posters

Go down

State of the Union Address Empty State of the Union Address

Post  MattB Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Right night we're currently 3-3-1. We have 10pts and our goal diff is level 15/15. Pride lost today to Rangers and now we are dead tied with them including goal diff at 5th place. We play Pride next Sunday at 3:30. After them we play CFC (2nd place) and then Express again at our final game.

We really need to win this next game if we want to make the playoffs. They're the team we need to nudge out.

Good game today everyone.

MattB

Back to top Go down

State of the Union Address Empty Re: State of the Union Address

Post  yramirez Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:29 am

Agreed. Great game yesterday. We fought hard and took home the win, but it could have went either way. They definitely had ample opportunity to score, but they just had some unfortunate mistakes.

Rest up for this Sundays game, as we need this win to make it to the play-offs.

yramirez

Back to top Go down

Post  flin Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Great game guys. Good luck to your journey to the playoff!

- Feng

flin

Back to top Go down

Post  slc Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:25 pm

Must be a pretty defensive team since they have scored less than this year.

slc

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:51 am

Arirang got the draw against the Rangers, which isn't good for us. To get into the playoffs we need to win the next two games, and hope Pride, Warriors, and Arirang have a poor end of the year showing. Pride's last two games are against the current lowest teams in the league. TN United's last two games are against Rangers(1) and CFC(2), so unless they pull a couple upsets they should be completely out. No one else below us can be in contention.

CFC is a good team, but they haven't been freight training like the Rangers, who we drew. A win is definitely possible. The Bush kept them at 3-0, and they had no subs. Pride played them and only lost 3-2. If we get a good showing, we can beat them.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  jcard Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:20 am

I think the tie of Arriang really helped our chances. Their last game is against the warriors so if they lose that and we win both that puts us in 4th in points.

jcard

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:35 pm

They tied Rangers. We would have preferred a loss since it wouldn't have given them that extra point.

Regardless, it would be to our benefit if Arirang and Warriors have a draw this Sunday, and Warriors lose their last one. Either way, we need to win at least one of the next ones AND get a draw/another win.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  MemphisMQT Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Matt, as you and I have discussed previously, I think one thing this season has taught us is that one of our major "keys to victory" has been having a deep bench. On paper, our roster is incredible - we should have been pre-ranked (before the season) in the top 3 and we are certainly capable of making the playoffs. We need to have a sub rotation of 3 to 5 deep at this next game. I only say this because, in self-reflection, I was doing the offense no favors by playing 90 minutes at left-mid. I think we have a really good chance to take these next two. Hope to see everyone out there Sunday!

MemphisMQT

Back to top Go down

Post  slc Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:21 pm

Not sure who the Memphis MQWT is but... roger that!

I pulled a hammie in the last 10 minutes of the Nutbush game, iced and rested it for the week and it popped the first time I touched the ball Sunday. Playing the midfield for almost 90 minutes not being able to stretch your leg out is no fun. Lungs don't matter at this point.

Not whining because I did not want to sit out...we all love to play, but the team would have been better off.

We need everyone to show on Sunday guys!!!! If we could get Ryan on the front line with Eric and Nick, he would have had 3-4 good runs at goal. Craig in the back or like center defensive mid-field would have been really strong. Just some thoughts from one of the guys with the least talent, but has had fun playing with you guys. If everybody shows this past Sunday, we probably win by 2-3 goals.

Not bitchin' everybody has life stuff happening, let's just not wish we were in the playoffs in a month. Let's actually be there!!!

Scott Cleveland

slc

Back to top Go down

Post  jcard Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:11 am

Ryan's out for the game as he is having his tonsils taken out on Thursday. I believe Corey says Nick is out as well.

jcard

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:38 am

Well we'll just have to see who shows up again. My back feels great, so I can play right back for a majority of the game. Their defensive line is fast, so the long ball isn't really an option. Paul played great in the gut, and with Tim on the wings and everyone else we should be able to move the ball around a lot better (as long as we have a full roster). I'm not sure if Bobo will be back for this game, but if he is we can throw him in midfield as well. Craig can also play on the wings. If we can get the ball to his feet anywhere inside the 30 facing the goal, he can have a go. Anyways, it's all speculation at this point. Just depends on who shows as to what we're going to run.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulR Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Gutsy effort by everyone last game. Sucks we couldn't hold them off for the win. I hate this, especially since it sounds like others will be out, but I won't be able to make this coming Sunday's game. Prior engangement made before the season. Sorry guys.
If anyone is interested, there is a group playing tonight at Johnson Park in Germantown around 6:15. I plan to be there in an effort to build up some semblence of stamina!

PaulR

Back to top Go down

Post  TBobo Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:53 pm

I will be there Sunday.

TBobo

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:18 pm

Completely understand, Paul. People do have lives outside of rec league soccer. Always appreciate the heads up when people can't be there.

As long as our other defenders show up, you're going in mid Todd.

I think we got a long game ahead of us. Bush actually held them to 1-0 deep into the second half, and I hear they got some runners in the front and back. That crashes the long ball, so we're going to have to carry the ball up the field. If Todd and Craig can get within the 30, they can have a go. Both you guys got a big boot and I've seen you use it. You both also run over people with the ball at your feet, so I think you should get some chances. (Once again, all depends on who shows blah blah blah I need to make this my signature to avoid typing it every time).

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:44 am

From our friends on the Bush:

The top four teams from Men's Second, Third & Fourth Divisions qualify for the Victory Cup.
The next four remaining teams from those divisions combined, with the highest point totals, will also qualify.
Below is the current wild-card standings table for the Victory Cup. Teams that currently qualify are highlighted.

As of Oct 22nd:
WC 1: Midtown Sunday
WC 2: Pride FC
WC 3: AC Frayser
WC 4: Memphis Athletic

Honestly, we still need to get a win and a draw to stay in the wildcard position.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  MemphisMQT Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:36 pm

So post-season playoffs and the Victory Cup are two different tournaments?

MemphisMQT

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 pm

The Victory Cup is an inter divisional playoff cup. As long as we get some more points like I've been saying, we can be in this.

The Maybry Cup is a divisional playoff, and that's just the top 8 in our division. That's just in the spring, though. Crying or Very sad

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:04 pm

I agree. Winning out would not only be a good idea, but fun as well. Let's go with that.

Another key part of our game-time strategy will be me avoiding bone-headed plays and passing the mf'in ball. I'll be there Sunday, so count me in.

Kurt

Back to top Go down

Post  jcard Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:40 am

Great who invited Kurt back to play again? lol!

jcard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum