AC Frayser
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Ending Game this Sunday at 3:30

+2
PaulR
MattB
6 posters

Go down

Season Ending Game this Sunday at 3:30 Empty Season Ending Game this Sunday at 3:30

Post  MattB Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:33 pm

I have zero desire to rehash what happened yesterday.

Let's just focus on this last game and end the season 4-4-2. It's the first team we played, Express. They're no pushovers so it should be a tight match. See you guys this Sunday at 3:30.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Season Ending Game this Sunday at 3:30 Empty Re: Season Ending Game this Sunday at 3:30

Post  PaulR Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:07 am

I'm there! We need a tie or better to get in the Victory Cup, right??

PaulR

Back to top Go down

Season Ending Game this Sunday at 3:30 Empty Re: Season Ending Game this Sunday at 3:30

Post  yramirez Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:34 am

I think we at least need to score 5 goals this game to get us out of the negitive. It wouldn't guarantee a spot in the playoffs. We would have to bank on some of the other teams that are in the wildcard running, having a total upset and losing their game(s). So, basically we are hoping for these hypothetical situations coming true.

yramirez

Back to top Go down

Season Ending Game this Sunday at 3:30 Empty Good Luck Frayser Boys

Post  johnw Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:12 am

You are not out of this by any means:
Win this Sunday, and three teams below HAVE to win two games each to edge you out of wildcards.

Memphis Athletic FC - has to beat 2 of (Strikers, Desoto United, Strikers) Longshot and probably the toughest last 3 games this season.
Tennessee United has to beat 2 of (Rangers, CFC, Express) Longshot , Rangers have to beat TN to win division 4, if they do then CFC has to also beat TN U to retake division 4 from Rangers. (but I still say Rangers's tanks)
Arsenal FC- has to beat 2 of (Midtown Sunday, Rowdies, Midtown SC, Inferno) Possible
Olympic Memphis - has to beat 2 of (Midtown SC, AC Oxford, Inferno) Possible
Phoenix FC - has to beat Midtown SC AND Rowdies, longshot.

I think you're in personally if you show up to play Sunday.

johnw

Back to top Go down

Post  yramirez Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:43 am

Man, I'm so ready for the game this Sunday. Can't wait.

I was watching this documentary last night about the 2006 world cup. It was fantastic. Check it out if you haven't already.

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/thefifa2006worldcupfilm/index.html

yramirez

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:51 am

You like that? I thought it was hokey as hell with the video angles, and the fact that the commentary didn't show how fucked up the calls were when Italy was handed the game against US and given the game against Australia. They sure as hell left those two parts out. Rather have seen a couple hours of match highlights with a camera that doesn't look like it's chasing a lion on the Serengeti.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  yramirez Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:00 am

I agree, Some of the calls were bullshit and the commentary didn't point out. But, who cares. I was simply interested in the highlights in which they showed in the semi-finals and the final. Camera view was not that bad. It sort of gave the illusion that you were on the field with these guys- I least it did to me. Then again, we have a 61 inch T.V in our living room.

Dude, you do have to admit once you got done watching that you want to play the hell out of some soocer.

yramirez

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:20 pm

Also, Warriors lost 5-0. If we win this next one and they lose their last one, then we have more points and end up at the 5 spot AND should get the wildcard. If they draw and we win, we should still beat them out by a goal diff even though we have the same points. If they win, then we still have to win and cross our fingers that a couple teams lose.

In other words, nothing has changed and we really need a win.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  johnw Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:31 pm

Olympic Memphis beat Midtown SC, meaning they are now tied with you for the 3 and 4th wildcard spots assuming Strikers beat Athletics yesterday.
Nothing changes again except you guys need that W!
Good luck Sunday!

johnw

Back to top Go down

Post  MemphisMQT Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:36 pm

Unfortunately, I am still on the "PUP" List (Physically Unable to Perform) this week. Good luck today guys and I'll see you all at the next game - when we make the wild card for the Victory Cup! cheers

MemphisMQT

Back to top Go down

Post  slc Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Hell that doesn't stop the rest of us! HAHA

slc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down