AC Frayser
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Game Thursday August 28 @ 8:30 PM

+2
jcard
MattB
6 posters

Go down

First Game Thursday August 28 @ 8:30 PM Empty First Game Thursday August 28 @ 8:30 PM

Post  MattB Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:14 pm

Thursday, August 28 8:30 PM #09 M4 AC Frayser - White vs. Express - Royal

Please show up ~40 minutes early. I need to pass out jerseys, write down jersey numbers for those not already assigned, collect black jerseys, get monies, go over the lineup, and still have ~15+ minutes for everyone to stretch and warm up.

If you have a black jersey, bring it. If for some crazy reason we need alternates, we are responsible.

If you have you team fees ($40) - bring it.

MattB

Back to top Go down

First Game Thursday August 28 @ 8:30 PM Empty Re: First Game Thursday August 28 @ 8:30 PM

Post  jcard Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:15 pm

Boy's have penis' and girls have vaginas

jcard

Back to top Go down

First Game Thursday August 28 @ 8:30 PM Empty Re: First Game Thursday August 28 @ 8:30 PM

Post  Michaels Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:28 am

jcard wrote:Boy's have penis' and girls have vaginas
Nice

Michaels

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:04 am

Also, unless someone volunteers to bring a cooler full of water - bring your own water. My stupid tiny car won't carry anything else. Once I sell it and get another vehicle (hopefully soon), I'll start bringing water to the games.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:52 am

jcard wrote:Boy's have penis' and girls have vaginas

First Game Thursday August 28 @ 8:30 PM Shutup10

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  jcard Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:09 pm

As much beer as you bring home in your car I am almost positive water bottles wouldn't be a problem.

jcard

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:45 pm

The bag I bring literally fills my trunk (which can't house a decent cooler). One time I bought a small entertainment system at Circuit City. I had to take it home, and then go back to Circuit City to pick up vato. I think I'll probably just go ahead and buy one, and get Ysaac to throw it in his Jeep for the time being.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  herlsy Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Defence better be on point. I don't want to hurt my back picking the ball out of the net Smile

herlsy

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:08 pm

Great first showing. We still have to get the kinks out, but I think for a first showing we played great.

Rest up for Sunday. Nutbush beat Arirang 2-1, and we play Arirang this Sunday. Lets go for another.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  beaupeyton Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:24 pm

I watched most of that Airrang game. They're not very good. One guy with some speed but average ball control up front. I'd say we match up pretty well and can hurt their defense.

It was a good showing. Everyone gave a great effort and we have good team chemistry. We're getting to know one another, and it's going to take me some time to rediscover a feel for the game after a 25 year layoff. I was too tentative; didn't attack the ball well. But I had a lot of fun and that's the most important thing to me. I'll get better and hope to contribute more as the season progresses.

Thanks again for asking me to come out.

beaupeyton

Back to top Go down

Post  MemphisMQT Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 am

Yes - great effort all around.

MemphisMQT

Back to top Go down

Post  herlsy Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:59 am

Great game last night guys.

Couple things i think we could improve on for the next game.

1. Getting to the ball first / moving to the ball. There were a few moments last night where we were waiting to receive the pass before moving towards it. It was allowing their guys to just take a couple of steps in front and cut off the pass.

2. Aggressiveness. If a guy puts his weight into you, put your weight back on them, out muscle them to the ball. Seems like the refs were letting the game get on with this style of play, sometimes it could work in our favour, sometimes refs won't let the game flow.

3. Marking on set plays. Standing 12-15 feet away from a player is not marking, its watching. On set plays we need to be shoulder to shoulder, goal side with someone of the opposition team, if they move, you move, follow them where ever they go. Keep the pressure on at all times.

Just throwing a couple of things out there, if anyone has any input feel free to post.

As a whole we had some good movement on the ball, the midfield moved the ball out well to the wings, the throughballs were making their way through. Defence did a good job of covering each other and holding the line. A win is good momentum for us going into the next game, so lets just go out there with the same attitude and we should be fine.

herlsy

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:32 am

I was working the sub rotation for a majority of the game. Please make sure you know the position of the player you are replacing. It causes confusion during the game when you have to find out what position your supposed to be playing when the ball is already in play. Be sure to ask the player that's coming off what their position is, even if your just verifying it. It only happened once and it wasn't anyone's fault, but I don't want it to become a problem in the future if we have a big showing.

Please try not to wait until we sub to call yourself off. Subs can be made on either sides goal kick, our throw ins, or after either side scores (No subs during corners, any free kicks, opposing sides throw ins). Someone on the bench is always watching, so if you do the universal sign beforehand and we will take care of it (It's like the traveling sign in basketball but above your head - Just watch me. I do it a lot).

We have 18 players now. I think that's a good number. I'm happy to work the sub rotation when we have a lot of people show up. If I only get ~30 minutes or less for a handful of games, I don't mind if it means our player rotation is on point.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  Michaels Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:36 am

MattB wrote:I was working the sub rotation for a majority of the game. Please make sure you know the position of the player you are replacing. It causes confusion during the game when you have to find out what position your supposed to be playing when the ball is already in play. Be sure to ask the player that's coming off what their position is, even if your just verifying it. It only happened once and it wasn't anyone's fault, but I don't want it to become a problem in the future if we have a big showing.

Please try not to wait until we sub to call yourself off. Subs can be made on either sides goal kick, our throw ins, or after either side scores (No subs during corners, any free kicks, opposing sides throw ins). Someone on the bench is always watching, so if you do the universal sign beforehand and we will take care of it (It's like the traveling sign in basketball but above your head - Just watch me. I do it a lot).

We have 18 players now. I think that's a good number. I'm happy to work the sub rotation when we have a lot of people show up. If I only get ~30 minutes or less for a handful of games, I don't mind if it means our player rotation is on point.

agreed... I think we are more of a team than we have ever been and has high expectations for us. Great game guys.

Michaels

Back to top Go down

Post  jcard Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 am

Yeah enjoyed seeing some new faces out there and us sticking together even when we got a little spread out towards the end of the game. We have to stay aggressive at all times as the two main opportunities that capitalized on were just let downs on our part. We moved the ball well enough around but still should be spreading the field at mid and up front. A lot of trying to crunch it in the middle with no success. I saw some improvements late in the game on this matter where we had some good crosses. Don't be afraid to pass the ball. When you have 4 guys on you chances are not good of you dribbling through(unless you are Mikey cheers )

Props to Corey for keeping a cool head as they were jawing him to death. I really want us to play clean and keep our mouths shut when it comes to whining and bitching at the refs. It solves nothing and we play worse when you let our emotions take control. They were getting frustrated with us and that was how they wanted to handle it I guess. I feel we are better than that.

Craig is right there were numerous times when we would just stand and wait for a pass instead of checking to the ball. It almost cost us a couple of times and we gotta pay attention to this. Another thing which we were all guilty of is making some hospital passes(passes that get your teamate in the hospital cause they have to check back to a terrible pass and get hammered by someone). We can all pass with authority as I have seen it in practice. Seems everyone is wanting to build upon this. Let's keep the feedback going on every game and everyone keep a positive outlook on the constructive criticism. Its only going to make us better.

jcard

Back to top Go down

Post  beaupeyton Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:49 pm

I was actually a little surprised at the aggressiveness of play. I figured D-4, older guys, maybe it's a friendly pace of play. Boy was I wrong. These guys are serious...definitely not church league.

Guys, I'm competitive, but I'm also pragmatic. I'm not going to go crashing into some 225 pound guy charging like a mad hyena. I'll make a reasonable effort to get to the ball, but I'm not getting hurt in an over-the-hill soccer match by hammering into some dolt that has more testosterone than sense.

Most of this type of play can be overcome by simply being smarter. Even if they get the ball, the chances are high you can force a bad pass or take it. The skill levels are not high out there, so any type of harassment is probably going to cause problems sufficient to seize control or stop an attack.

I agree about spreading the ball more. Creating space. We worked the center up front, but could use more crosses from the wings and passes to open men.

Defense was solid all night. Well done.

beaupeyton

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:52 pm

jcard wrote:Props to Corey for keeping a cool head as they were jawing him to death. I really want us to play clean and keep our mouths shut when it comes to whining and bitching at the refs. It solves nothing and we play worse when you let our emotions take control. They were getting frustrated with us and that was how they wanted to handle it I guess. I feel we are better than that.

Indeed they were. You and Corey were shutting them down in typical quality bulldog fashion. It's the same way defenders like Cannavaro and Gattuso play. If they want to complain, let them. Most of the refs know better. I was trying to bitch to the side ref when their striker literally pushed me in the chest off the ball. That was stupid. If anyone was doing the pushing it should have been me. I'll have to start taking notes from you and Corey again. You guys played great.

BTW, their forward is Kaka's cousin. Not a joke.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:01 pm

I also wanted to say that everyone seemed to call for the ball and talk a lot, which is good. Don't forget to make it simple, though. Most people were calling for the ball properly, but shouting simple commands like square, line, through, drop, etc. tend to register immediately. If you are in space, YELL for the ball. Calling for it is one thing because it lets people know their options, but if you has some gross available space you need to make yourself heard.

We'll discuss some attacking things at the game. Rather not put out here. Mikey won't be there this Sunday, and Ryan needs a hat trick or he's going to start headbutting things.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down