AC Frayser
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Game

5 posters

Go down

Great Game Empty Great Game

Post  jcard Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:29 am

I was really happy with the way we hung in there lastnight after going down 2 goals rather early. I think the banter here on the forum really helped as we really were doing a lot more talking and listening on the field. Offense did a great job of applying pressure and spreading the field out and creating opportunities. We had several more that could have gone in. I think lastnight should be a model of how we should play. We sent the long ball when needed but relied on moving the ball as a unit more than anything. Hats off to the midfield for dropping to help on D.

jcard

Back to top Go down

Great Game Empty Re: Great Game

Post  herlsy Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:39 pm

An interesting game to say the least. They did well to play against us with only 10 and no subs.

Still need to get the sub on/sub off thing in order though.

herlsy

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:26 pm

Really. No reason we should ever have 12 on the field. When I'm on the field there's no way I can work the sub rotation. We almost need to wait at the halfway line until the person runs off. If we would have converted a goal and had an extra man on the field, I'd bet the bank they would take that goal away... and that would suck.

Overall not too bad. Still caught our midfielders in the box when they shouldn't be. We always need a midfielder a little outside the top of the box in the middle waiting for a quick drop or a soft clear. Teammate awareness and spacing will get there. First 15 minutes was nasty. We were chasing the ball and everyone was all over the place. Still the third game, and once again - those guys have been playing together for many years.

We're getting there. I'd say 2-1 for a new team in D4 is already something to be proud of. Lets keep it up.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  yramirez Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:07 pm

Have to agree with Matt. I think we need to wait at the halfway line when we're subbing in. It appears that we caused too much confusion when a mass amount of people were subbing in/out. Also, Make sure you know what position you are subbing in for.

Over all it was a good game. Great team effort and way to finish up strong. Good game guys!!

yramirez

Back to top Go down

Post  herlsy Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:00 pm

I think like Matt said in a previous post, let the bench know you want to sub at the next opportunity. It came down to one person subbing out and then 3 or 4 people yelling they want a sub at the same time.

Maybe we could just limit it to 2 subs each time?

herlsy

Back to top Go down

Post  MemphisMQT Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:26 am

MattB wrote:When I'm on the field there's no way I can work the sub rotation.

Matt, you hit the nail on the head. You do such a good job of directing traffic on the sidelines during the games that we (the bench) tend to get a little discombobulated when you're not personally calling the subs in and out. I also agree that waiting at the halfway line probably is the best way to remedy the 12-player problem; though I still have no idea how we got 12 out there...and for how long??? Shocked

P.S. In light of my tragic throw-in attempt from the other night, I think we should start calling all muffed throw-ins 'Marquarts.' (i.e. "Dude, he just pulled a Marquart.") Laughing

MemphisMQT

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:07 am

I put in one throw where the ball almost fell behind my back it was so slick. I think it went about 15 feet long and 30 feet high. John promptly reminded me to "Hey, throw better" when I had another throw in 60 seconds later. Good times.

I would have been on the sidelines doing the rotation, but we had a lack of defenders last game and still had ~5 subs. Unfortunately we're going to be in a similar boat this coming Sunday because John C. will be working during that game. Believe it or not, I'm taking in a lot of factors for who goes in for who and how long they play that position. I've been trying to sub out the same guys for the same spots, and then have a couple swing men to play any spot for whoever needs a sub. A lot of it has to do with who shows up as well. When I have 5 guys on the sideline that are predominantly midfielders, someone is going to get the short end of the stick. I apologize for this and try to avoid it.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down