AC Frayser
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranger Game

2 posters

Go down

Ranger Game Empty Ranger Game

Post  MattB Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:25 am

Great game everyone. A draw with a team that has scored 23 goals in their previous 4 games is a big deal. I can't say enough good things about everybody. Our intensity was a huge part of it. Those guys play from their back line and move the ball up methodically. Everyone pressuring the ball, including our strikers, helped change possession in our favor a lot. They play a physical game and I'm just glad we could return the favor.

Rest up and I'll see you guys next Thursday. If you all want to practice before then, just make a new topic.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Ranger Game Empty Re: Ranger Game

Post  jcard Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:04 am

Ditto what Matt said. Playing physical and pressuring the ball was key. We never backed down and kept it up all 90 minutes. Also playing at a slower pace and not rushing things last night really was the style of game we need to continue with. When most of us make rushed passes we give up many turnovers. Last night I felt we moved the ball really well and opened the field up instead of just crushing balls up the field. I wish Ryan didn't have to work yesterday. Also midfield did a great job of dropping to help on D. Early on this was not the case but after the adjustment they had a lot less shots and what the did have were all pressured and rushed shots. The one goal I swear they were offsides a good yard or two.

jcard

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:36 am

Our trap was on point. I watch the line like a hawk when I'm on the other side of the field from possession. I looked to the side since it was across field from me to check the line, and he had broken the plane before the ball was played. I will say this in the AR's defense is that from my line of sight it was close, but he was still off nonetheless. One goal they didn't convert their striker was grossly offsides and it wasn't called. D4 rec soccer. I don't know how the other divisions work, but I'm still convinced D4 gets the rub when it comes to referees.

I actually liked the center ref. He let us play and definitely didn't fall for all the flops. I can't even count how many times we won the ball and their player(s) went down, but it was clean and he let us play on.

If we play the rest of the games like we played last night, we're going to end the season well in the top half of the bracket.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  jcard Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:07 am

Another thing I thought was a big help was having Tim playing on Defense. With him and Todd back in the back we have a bad ass defense. Plus we have Craig, Basham and John that can step in when needed. I think Craig would be a good midfield player as well with his touch. What say ye Matt?

jcard

Back to top Go down

Post  MattB Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 pm

I completely agree. That four on D is about as strong as it could get. Tim and Todd both already advance like wingbacks to the halfway mark when they have possession. Their ability to bring the ball up from the back on the wings draws opposing midfielders and opens up space for the our counter. If we have that ability on both sides, I think we'll have some nice looking possession.

I was going to put Craig in the middle the other night, but he had to work late. If he gets an inch of space outside of the box, I think he can bury it or force a corner. I also encourage him taking shots from 30.

Once again - it all depends on who shows up.

MattB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down